recipe - Brine soap ( soleseife cold proces )
Soleseife soap is a type of soap from Germany. It is made of (sea) salt water instead of demineralized water.
The difference between brine soap and a salt bar is that the salt is dissolved, not crystalline.
- 2,3 oz bath salts- sea salt fine grain, the amount of salt is 25% of the total amount of water.
- 9,4 oz demineralized water
- 3,5 oz natrium hydroxide (lye)
- 18 oz coconut oil
- 2 oz sheabutter
I you have not used this cold proces before make sure you read the instructions carefully and do follow all of the safety instructions. There is a lot of information on the internet.
- Heat the water, slowly add the salt and let the salt dissolve.
- Weigh the Natrium Hydroxide in a measuring cup.
- Pour the saltwater (when the salt is all dissolved) in a heatresistant measuring cup.
- The lye should be slowly added to the water and stir until it is all dissolved
- (NEVER ADD WATER TO THE LYE)!!!
- It really takes a while for the lye to cool down to 40 degrees.
- In the meanwhile you can prepare the oils. Melt the coconut oil and add the sheabutter to the melted coconut oil. It is not necessary to continue heating as the heat of the coconut oil will melt the sheabutter.
- To speed up the cooling proces of the lye, you can put the mixture in the fridge.
- When both mixtures are cooled down to 40 degrees, put both the lye and the oils in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a blender of mixer.
- When you can make a trail through the mixture that holds his shape, you can add fragrances and colorants. (I did not use them myself).
- Because the soap hardens very quickly, is wise to put them in separate molds.
- Leave them for 12-24 hours and remove them from the molds.
- After that, leave them 4-6 weeks!
- For decoration you can sprinkle some Himalaya salt on the soap.
Anita van der Bos
Forgotten your password?
I am not yet a customer.
Create an account for faster check out and to see an overview of your order history.Create an Account
09-07-2019 - It is not possible to ask questions via our guestbook.... read more
29-09-2018 - Direct link to raw materials for making soap
... read more
28-09-2018 - I need raw materials for making a soap read more